Apex Legends lack of communication is being called out by a player in a viral TikTok video after facing issues following the Spellbound Collection Event launch.
On January 10, the Apex Legends Spellbound Collection Event became available in-game.
While it introduced much-anticipated content, most importantly Seer’s Heirloom and Private Matches, it also generated a number of problems in the battle royale.
Players have been disappointed by the myriad of troubles it has caused, ranging from extensive server failures to the removal of functionality such as the third-person mode in the Firing Range.
Now, a TikTok by @stereoomike has gone viral, criticizing the developers for their lack of communication.
Apex Legends Lack of Communication from developers is destroying its player’s connection
Among other things, it details times the author has “felt Respawn have been less than transparent”.
It contains a number of recent Apex Legends community events, including the Catalyst release trailer, which the developer believes revealed that the Season 15 legend would be a hard Seer counter.
They also question the omission of details from patch notes – like the Spellbound Event’s secret Horizon nerf – asking: “What are patch notes for if the biggest updates aren’t in them… I do not understand in my brain why this information is not in the patch notes. The only logical conclusion I can come up with is that it was not included because they think that the hype would have been ruined for Seer’s heirloom.”
He finished: “As unfortunate as it is, these are not the decisions of a developer confident in the lifespan of their product. Respawn, your game is good, f**king act like it.”
At the time of writing, TikTok has accumulated over 16,000 likes and over 100,000 views.
Other community members agreed, with one player heading to Reddit to criticize Respawn’s “radio silence” on the Spellbound Collection Event’s problems.
Despite Apex Legends’ popularity, there is obviously a segment of the user base that believes recent concerns might have been handled better by the developers.
Apex Legends Spellbound Collection Event patch notes:
- G7 Scout enters the crafter
- C.A.R. SMG enters the crafter
- Spitfire returns to the floor
- Peacekeeper returns to the floor
Anvil Receiver Hop-Up
- Limb damage multiplier reduced to 0.75 (was 0.9)
- Flatline damage reduced to 39 (was 43)
- R301 damage reduced to 32 (was 35)
- Damage reduced to 32 (was 34)
Prowler Burst PDW
- Damage increased to 15 (was 14)
- Now requires 1 shield cell to Energize (was 2)
- Fixed mirage decoys not showing shield regen fx when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
- 10 new Welcome Challenges added to help new players learn Apex.
- New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 Welcome Challenges.
- Changing characters in the Firing Range now has a smoother third-person transition.
- Fixed rare issue with Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
- Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
- Doors now always appear as damaged when they’re one melee attack away from being destroyed.
- Caustic Town Takeover loot canisters now behave more reliably in Control Mode.
- Reduced the VFX of Caustic’s gas flash.
- Fixed rare client crash with IMC Armories.
- Fixed the raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as white more reliably.
- DirectX 12 beta: added support for the Brightness slider in all Display Modes.
- DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings. Note that Apex Legends running in DirectX 11 (DX11) requires the operating system to use an additional buffer for compositing, which was not counted in mat_backbuffer_count. DX12 includes that required buffer in mat_backbuffer_count, so DX12 in full-screen mode with “1” will be just as low latency as DX11 with “0”.
- Fixed issue where Crypto could inspect while using their drone removing the HUD.
- Fixed issue where the lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing resolution on PC.
- Adjusted hold and tap logic for controller players viewing weapons in Loadouts to be more responsive.
The Spellbound Collection Event will start on January 10, at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm GMT. The event will conclude on January 24.