Players are facing a new shop not showing error in Overwatch 2 here is how you can fix this issue and what might be causing this issue.
After the launch of the new Overwatch, players have been feeling nothing but disappointed with the game.
The new sequel of the game has a lot of new characters and features for players as new content however, all these features mean nothing when you are constantly facing bugs and errors every now and then.
Some of these game-breaking bugs range from letting players log in to their accounts to not letting them to even launch the game in the first place.
One of the new notorious bugs is the shop not showing error in Overwatch 2 in-game menu.
When this bug appears players witness the in-game shop option completely vanished which restricts them from using the shop.
It’s one of the most difficult bugs to deal with, especially when fans want to purchase some of the add-on content in the shooter.
This will prevent them from getting their hands on some of the premium content.
In this article, we will talk about what causes the “shop not showing” error in Overwatch 2, and how players facing it will be able to solve it.
Everything you need to know about shop not showing error in Overwatch 2
We’re steadily making progress on server issues and stability, as well as working through a second DDoS attack. We’re all hands on deck and will continue to work throughout the night. Thank you for your patience – we’ll share more info as it becomes available.
— Aaron Keller (@aaronkellerOW) October 5, 2022
It’s still unclear what causes the “shop not showing” error in Overwatch 2.
However, some community members have found that it has something to do with the version of the game and occurs when players have not updated the game for the latest patch or when one of the game files is corrupted.
Some have even mentioned that the problem is with the Overwatch 2 servers in particular and that there may not be a fix until Blizzard rolls out a hotfix to remove it.
Fix shop not showing error in Overwatch 2
That being said, here are a few things that players can try out to fix the “shop not showing up” error in Overwatch 2:
- Updating the shooter to the latest version will be one of the best ways to deal with the “shop not showing up” error. Players across all platforms of PlayStation, Xbox, PC, and Nintendo Switch, will be required to check for the most recent version and patch changes, and download the necessary files to update the game. Version mismatch is more often than not, one of the key problems that have been plaguing Overwatch 2 since its launch.
- Restarting the shooter is another way to weed out the “shop not showing up” error. Many in the community have mentioned that restarting the shooter a couple of times has done the trick for them, and it’s quite a viable solution that players can look to opt into if they are facing the problem.
- Re-installing the game is going to be one of the more drastic measures that players can take to solve the “shop not showing up” error in Overwatch 2. However, many in the community have pointed out that this fixed issues that did away with corrupt game files, and even stopped the “shop not showing up” error from happening again.
- If the error is related to the shooter’s servers themselves, then players will be required to check the official server status when this error props up. Blizzard will likely be addressing it in their forums, and players will then be required to wait it out till the server issues subside.
- The final resort will be to wait for Blizzard to patch it out. The “shop not showing up” error in the shooter is something that many in the community are facing, hence, it’s very likely that Blizzard will take notice, and ship a hotfix which will look to patch out the error that many seem to be facing.
If you are still unclear about whether to wait for the fix or not, then you can submit a ticket to Blizzard Support and let the developers look into the matter directly.