If you are also facing the infamous Valorant Download stuck at 0.1KB then here is a quick fix for you. Many players have been complaining that whenever they try to update their Valorant the game progress is stuck at 6%, 20%, 80%, etc.
- Read more: How to purchase cars in NFS Unbound? – 2022
Why is Valorant Download progress Stuck?
There can be numerous reasons for this to happen but here are a couple of reasons that may be causing this issue.
- An unstable internet connection is most likely to be responsible for the problem. Therefore, make sure your internet connection is optimal.
- The problem can also occur if you are having trouble with your DNS server. So if this is the reason then you should try switching between Google DNS
- There can be an issue with your network settings that might be causing this Valorant download stuck issue so, in order to fix this you can try resetting your network settings.
- A firewall can also be one of the reasons for this issue. It might be interfering with the download process of Valorant and thus the download is forever stuck. If the scenario applies, you can fix the issue by allowing Riot Client through your firewall.
Here are some of the fixes that we recommend trying out to solve this issue.
- Read more: How do I appear offline in Valorant? 2022
How to fix the Valorant download stuck at 0.1 KB?
Here are the fixes that you can try to resolve the problem of the Valorant download or update being stuck at 0.1 kbps:
Restarting the Download Process
- Restart the Riot Client launcher.
- Check your internet connection.
- Close bandwidth-hogging apps.
- Reset Network Settings.
- Switch to Google DNS Server.
- Set Riot Client Priority to High.
- Allow Riot Client through your Firewall.
Restart the Riot Client launcher
The issue may be caused by a temporary bug in the Riot client. So if the scenario applies, simply restarting the Riot client launcher should fix the issue. See if this fixes the issue for you. If not, you can proceed to the next possible solution to fix the problem.
Check your internet connection
A stable high-speed internet connection is required to download or update Valorant. If your internet connection is not stable and reliable, then you may encounter the issue in question. So you need to make sure. to ensure you are using a stable internet connection with good internet speed. If your Internet connection is not optimized, you can try the following tips and tricks to optimize it:
If your internet connection is stable and optimized and you still getting the same problem, move on to the next potential fix to resolve the issue.
Close bandwidth-hogging apps
If you have too many bandwidth-hogging apps running in the background on your PC, this can cause the issue in question. As apps consume your required internet speed and bandwidth, it can cause your Valorant download or update to get stuck at 0.1 kbps forever. Therefore, closing such applications is effective in this case.
You can open Task Manager using Ctrl + Shift + Esc and from the Processes tab, select the high bandwidth-consuming app. And then, press the End Task button to close the app. Similarly, close all other apps consuming your internet speed.
Reset Network Settings
If the problem is caused due to conflicts in the network, you can try resetting your network settings to fix the error. This also reinstalls corrupted network adapters and resets your IP address. Here is how you can reset your network settings:
- Firstly, launch the Settings app using Win+I hotkey and navigate to the Network & internet tab.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on the Advanced network settings option.
- Now, click on the Network reset option and then press the Reset now button.
- It will then start resetting your network settings; wait for the process to finish.
- When done, relaunch the Riot client and see if the problem is fixed or not.
If this method doesn’t work for you, try the next potential fix to get rid of the issue
- Firstly, open the Run dialog by pressing the Windows + R and then enter ncpa.cpl in its Open field to launch the Network Connections window.
- Now, select your current active internet connection and press the right-clcik on it.
- Then, from the appeared context menu, tap on the Properties option.
- Next, in the Properties dialog window, select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and then press the Properties button.
- After that, click on the Use the following DNS server addresses option and then type the following addresses in the respective fields:Preferred DNS server: 18.104.22.168 Alternate DNS server: 22.214.171.124
- Next, you need to go back to the previous screen and select the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPV6) option.
- Then, click on the Properties button.
- Now, choose the Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter the below addresses in the given fields:Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888 Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Lastly, click on the Apply > OK button to save changes and switch to Google DNS Server.
There is also an app you can install by Cloudflare that can toggle OpenDNS on or off. Head to and download the app for Windows. Once installed, toggle it on and try playing Valorant.
If any of these methods does not fix your issue try restarting your PC and if even that does not help try reaching out to Riot support staff and see if they can help you with this issue.