Overwatch 2 update fixes: Blizzard has released a new update to fix some of the issues that players are facing in-game. Here is everything we know about this update, downtime, and disabled heroes.
Blizzard is currently rolling out fixes for Overwatch 2, one of the fixes requires them to disable certain heroes in order to further address the LC-208 bug, as well as various other progression-related issues.
Overwatch 2 has been facing a lot of issues since its release. Although at the base level the game still offers quite a fun and exciting experience that builds on its predecessor, since the game’s release there has rarely been a day when players have been able to play properly.
Blizzard rolled out several patches and fixes for players on October 7th and is adding more.
🚨 QUICK PSA 🚨
Bastion and Torbjörn will be taking a quick trip to the workshop while we iron out a few bugs in their ability kits!
🛠️ Bastion will be unavailable in all modes during this time, while Torbjörn will still be playable in Quick Play. pic.twitter.com/ghjLL5KV7b
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) October 10, 2022
Blizzard has temporarily disabled two heroes, Bastion in all game modes and Torbjörn only in Competitive Mode.
As we know both heroes have bugs that have a huge impact on gameplay.
The team is currently trying to fix the issue that is preventing players from accessing all of their heroes.
We will be taking #Overwatch2 offline at 8PM PT for an estimated 1 hr.
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) October 11, 2022
Blizzard took the servers offline for an hour, at around 8:00 pm PDT. Currently, the servers are back online. Let’s take a look at the status update.
Overwatch 2 Status Update – Fixes October 10, 2022
- 9:00 p.m. PDT: Emergency Maintenance has completed Overwatch 2 servers are live. Thank you for your patience, everyone.
- 8:00 p.m. PDT: We will be taking Overwatch 2 offline for approximately one hour.
- 7:00 p.m. PDT: The team is aware of a new issue that prevents players from accessing all their owned heroes. An issue causes this with our servers that track player progression. We are working to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.
- 3:00 p.m. PDT : Bastion is temporarily disabled everywhere in-game, and Torbjörn is temporarily disabled in competitive only. Both of these heroes are experiencing bugs that heavily impact gameplay, and we’ll share an update on them soon.
- We implemented fixes for LC-208, but there are some players still experiencing other errors in this category. The team will continue to work on additional fixes.
- We made some adjustments to help process more players through the account merge queue.
The team is currently working on the game and will provide future updates soon. keep an eye here to be updated on everything
35 thoughts on “Overwatch 2 update fixes, disabled heroes (October 10)”